Monday, June 25, 2007

Censorship in Plumstead part 2

Don't worry I am not entering into a blogging war with The Last Boy Scout as that would be really boring, all is over, but in reading the explanation he posted on his blog, he included a link to David Gold's blog, he being the Prospective parliamentary candidate for the Conservatives in Eltham. I have to say that readers will have probably noticed that I am not a natural Conservative and I have to say that I have never yet voted for them, but never say never in my book and sometimes a change in government is necessary, nevertheless I found it to be quite readable, it made a good attempt to be balanced, I even agreed with a few things! He also had some generous and kind words to say about the recently deceased Labour MP for Ealing.

I have to say that to my mind this was very much how I think a Political Blog should be, obviously it will make the case for a particular point of view, but in the process seeks to explain and persuade. A cynic might say 'oh well, it's only because the guy wants to get elected', but I am not as cynical as you might believe. I have to say I liked his Blog so why don't you have a look and decide for yourself. David Gold's blog

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are rather easily impressed. His blog read like an elctioneering pamphlet to me.

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger sibonetic said...

OK Nigel you're right, as usual, it was probably that it was so much better than LBS, that it clouded my judgement.

 
At 10:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily impressed or not, thank you for taking the time to look! Of course I want to get elected, but in the process I hope to carry people with me rather than just be the 'get Labour out' candidate - and I hope along the way I can learn from the people who send me their comments and thoughts.
So keep them coming.

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home