Friday, May 11, 2007

ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, PLUMSTEAD, GLYNDON

Came across this post on a bulletin board

'Plumstead, Is Plumstead rough??????????? God heavens yes!!!!!! you have Barnfield estate along plumstead common road! you cant get any more violent! further along you have Woolwich common estate - again very violent! further into woolwich you have Conaught estate - full of Junkies! Cardwell in Woolwich - i bet its still rough even with new houses!SE18 is just one huge dump!!!!! AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE! especially if you have kids!!!!!!! i moved to Scotland to escape that madness! i know all the hooligans of Se18 and i'm still young enough to still know they are still out giving it loads of grief - AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'


Obviously the writer was not too keen on the area!! But a few thoughts spring to mind, firstly, only one of the examples could even remotely be described as being in Plumstead (Barnfield). Secondly the writer clearly has some issues with Council Estates. I take it he or she is not a fan. Thirdly, who in their right mind would want to go and live in Scotland, which has one of the lowest life expectancies in Europe, is in near perpetual darkness for 3 months of the year and whose greatest addition to cuisine in the 20th Century was the fried Mars Bar.

Anyway I think that the writer has rather jumped from the frying pan into the fire if this report in the Times is to be believed.

'Scotland tops list of world's most violent countries'

By Katrina Tweedie
'
A UNITED Nations report has labelled Scotland the most violent country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to be assaulted than in America. England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest. The study, based on telephone interviews with victims of crime in 21 countries, found that more than 2,000 Scots were attacked every week, almost ten times the official police figures. They include non-sexual crimes of violence and serious assaults. Violent crime has doubled in Scotland over the past 20 years and levels, per head of population, are now comparable with cities such as Rio de Janeiro, Johannesburg and Tbilisi. '


But enough about Scotland save to say it is my sincerest belief that England should relinquish ownership immediately and grant them their freedom.

But on to maligned Council Estates in Plumstead, although not mentioned earlier, one of the largest is Glyndon, which I walk through to get to and from work. I don’t live there and I am sure it’s not perfect, but it is a pleasant place, every morning I see any litter being picked up, on the way home lots of kids are playing happily. There are lots of trees and green spaces. The Council has gone a good job landscaping the area. I have never had one bit of trouble while walking through there (been doing so for 20 years now) , so I thought I would share a few Glyndon pics with you. Don’t expect you would want to go there for a day out, but don’t avoid it because some of the people might not have much money!! It is a nice place.









And best of all they have a Temple dedicated to Me, my very own Temple!!

The Si (bonetic) Temple.
They love me on the Glyndon.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:34 am, Blogger Hugh said...

I am always extremely suspicious of anyone who uses multiple exclamation marks after a statement - such as the person you quote in this posting. Any more than one exclamation mark is redundant and just shows lack of imagination and intellectual vacuity. They probably wear odd socks as well.

I'm not best qualified to comment on Scotland, having never been there (personally, I am of the opinion that you are likely to fall off the end of the world if you venture past Watford Junction). I have no problems with independence for Scotland, as long as the first international aid offer from the then English Parliament is several tanker loads of hair dye to help the thousands of blighted and unfortunate Gingers in the Highlands.

 
At 9:49 am, Blogger sibonetic said...

Hugh,

just noticed I twice used 2 exclamation marks in this post, however, have checked my socks and they definitely match.

In addition to the hair dye, more thought should be given to a long term solution to the Ginger menace. That is genetic engineering, many people carry the cursed ginger gene but afflicted offspring only result when two such carriers are allowed to breed. So genetic testing and enforced sterilisation will soon overcome the problem.

Fraternal greetings to the good people of Erith,

Simon

 
At 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me a cynic, but I am inclined to doubt anyone who claims to know all the hooligans of SE18 and uses the phrase "Good Heavens".
Your photos of the Glyndon estate make me want to live there! However, my wife, who knows it better than me, suggest you might be doing "doing a PR job on it".
Anyway I appreciate the sentiment.

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger Hugh said...

Simon - I have just linked my latest blog submission to your site - I hope you don't mind. We seem to be of a similar mind on several subjects (please realise that my blog is meant to be a bit tongue in cheek - I am not really a male version of Hyacinth Bucket!)

 
At 10:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

much as i love the english flag, there are too many of there masquerading as curtains in plumstead.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home